The U.S. Department of Transportation Maritime Administration is the proud owner of MarView, an integrated data-driven environment providing essential information to support the strategic requirement of the U.S. Marine Transportation System (MTS) and its contribution to the economic viability of the Nation.
MarView provides the ability to fuse data together to create models and simulations for capacity planning, economic impact analysis, on-demand forecasting, plans for mitigating and reacting to emergency situations.
Available information includes:
• Over 2500 links of transportation data sources
• Most comprehensive collection of vessel tracking information through Automated Identification System (AIS) and Voluntary Observation Ships (VOS) program
• Physical attributes information on national and international ports and related facilities
• Vessel characteristics
• Information on U.S. Waterways and facilities
• Waterborne domestic and foreign trade (cargo, passenger, and vessel movement)
• Intermodal freight transportation
• Information about domestic and foreign shipbuilding and repair yards
• Statistics on trained and licensed Mariners
• Crisis Tracking and Emergency Notification (CTEN)
• Geospatial information on the MTS and Intermodal Transportation
• Distance calculator
• Innovative electronic collaboration room
• Business intelligence tools for data analysis and data manipulation.
This rich and varied array of data can be rapidly combined and recombined to assist meaningful analysis throughout the MTS, from end to end. Registration is required.
USA.gov | WhiteHouse.gov | Regulations.gov | USAJobs.gov
For MarView Help Desk Support Email ServiceDesk@dot.gov or Call DOT Helpdesk 1-866-466-5221
U.S. Maritime Administration • 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE • Washington, DC 20590